In case it isn't obvious, we are slightly excited for summer to get here. Weekends out on the water are what we spend all winter dreaming about. Anyone else?! If you are taking a boat full of family and friends out on the water for an entire day, we know better than anyone that you have to come prepared. Towels, check. Lifejackets, check. Sunglasses, check. ZUP Boards, check. Fuel, check! And by fuel, we definitely mean of the edible variety.
Packing a cooler is something of an art form (in our opinion) and one we take very seriously. Having the best food and drinks on the boat helps keep everyone happy and having fun riding their favorite ZUP Board all day long.
Here is a sneak peek at what's in our cooler all summer long.
- Fruit: pineapple, watermelon, frozen grapes (the best!), to name a few!
- Ice cold water
- Rainbow vegetable slaw
- Chopped veggies + hummus
- Pita sandwiches (bread can get soggy in the cooler!)
- Strawberry Watermelon Ice Pops
- Coconut water
- Prepared charcuterie (sliced meats and cheeses + nuts and toss in one of these!)
- A treat the whole family will love (like these dark chocolate hemp energy bites!)
- Sunscreen (feels so good when you put on cold sunscreen on a hot day!)
Our Favorite Summer Mocktail Recipe
(great for tucking into that cooler!):
Grapefruit + Basil Mocktail:
1 organic grapefruit
3 cans ginger soda (we like this one!)
handful fresh, organic basil
1/4 cup basil simple syrup (easy recipe below)
Juice one large grapefruit and fill mason jars halfway with ice. Combine soda, fresh grapefruit juice and simple syrup and pour into the jars.
Simple Syrup Recipe:
1 cup organic sugar
1 cup water
1 cup fresh, organic basil
Place sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once sugar is full dissolved, add the basil and allow to steep for 15-20 minutes. Strain into container and chill for 2 hours.